FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Holiday Inn Club Vacations Resort
View Single Post
Old Jun 17, 2010, 10:21 pm
Newfiescreech

Programs: AC75K, PC Platinum
Originally Posted by Points Surfer
We stayed there in March on PCR points and got great Plat treatment w/ upgrade. Got PCR points for food/stuff too. Nice place, big, lots of things for families, central to Disney (see the fireworks at night from there), central for trips to the left or right coast. Groceries pricy on site best to buy at nearby food marts.

Posted this back then....16K option might still be on if you don't mind a time share tour.

Earn 16000 PC Points at Holiday Vacation Club Orlando Added 26th Mar

This is an unpublished offer made only to PCR Members who stay at the Holiday Inn Club Vacations ORLANDO - ORANGE LAKE RESORT, KISSIMMEE, FLORIDA.

Upon check-in you will be asked (optional - entirely your call) to participate in a 90 minute presentation the next day on ownership (Timeshare) where everyone is offered a $100 voucher for use in the area "but" PCR Members can select 16,000 PCR pts instead if they wish. Now if you have time (actually takes 2 hrs ) to kill anyway and want a free continental breakfast its an easy way to p/u 16K in points.
Thanks for the info, great to hear that we might actually earn some sort of PC points for this stay. We actually have timeshare through RCI, but, found it's way cheaper to book through a third-party like Expedia. (which I thought was somewhat strange).

I doubt, however, that I would get PC points by booking through a 3rd-party like Expedia. I think I'd be willing to sit through that presentation thing, but I'd have to check with the other half - not sure if that would be her idea of a vacation, and she's not a points-hoe like me!