FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Valencia, Malaga, Alicante: South Spain for a weekend
Old Jun 17, 2010, 11:05 am
AHN

Programs: SK EBG
Originally Posted by LapLap
If you were going earlier in the month then I'd suggest Sueca, just to the South of Valencia. Their culinary celebration is one of the longest running in the country and this year will be the 50th anniversary for their International Paella Competition, so it should be a biggie.
This is actually a good idea, but won't it be difficult to find accomodation in Sueca? I don't know of a single hotel there.

If you find you don't like Alicante, there's always Murcia, which is just an hour away and a few Euros by bus from Alicante or a little less by car. My favourite beaches in the region are to the South West of Murcia (city) at Aguilas.
True, as long as he doesn't try to go to Murcia city, since it is far inland. (The same name for a province and a city can be a trap for the inexperienced, can't it?)

Basically, go to Spain and enjoy what England doesn't have. Sure there are beaches and buildings, but Spain has so much more to offer.
Best advice ever!

Maybe the OP should just go to Valencia, stay there and use the local trains (cercanias) to visit Gandia and Sueca?