FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Taking a wedding dress on board - conflicting advice from Customer Services
Old Jun 14, 2010, 3:41 am
bermyandy

Programs: BA Gold
Taking a wedding dress on board - conflicting advice from Customer Services

We get married in 2 weeks, and fly shortly afterwards to Bermuda, where we will be also having a service with friends and family, and as such will be taking the wedding dress

At the time of making our reservation, I was sure I had asked if it would be possible to take the dress on board and I thought the response was along the lines of no guarantees but they would make every effort to ensure we could.

I phoned BA exec club and was told that if it doesnt fit in the hand luggage dimensions then we would have to check it in. I politely told him that it was a wedding dress and we had no desire to 'make it fit' into a box to bring it on board. He was having none of it and basically said if it wont fit the dimensions, they wont let it on

Is there anyone else we can talk to to get some idea? We really dont want to check this in and I am positive I have seen wedding dresses on board before?

Any help, greatly appreciated