FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2015] Discount Codes for Hilton?
Old Jun 9, 2010, 5:30 am
trek87

Programs: DL, AS, Marriott, Hyatt, National
Originally Posted by Sterlingguy
I have two upcoming stays planned. One in KL and the other in Phuket. The difference between the prepaid, no refund, no way "Great Getaway" rate and fully refundable is 12%, not the 25-30% mentioned in the blast emails I get from Hilton every other day. Is anyone finding 25-30% savings over the fully refundable rate? As a Gold, the free breakfasts are already included, so making them a drawing card for the Great Getaway isn't working on me. Or am I missing something?
I just booked a stay at a Hampton, and I was also seeing that the difference in price wasn't much - a mere $5/night difference for the room I wanted using the "Great Getaway" rate vs. the non-refundable, full payment in advance rate.

From looking a little closer, the discount is advertised relative to the "Best Available Rate", which isn't usually the best rate a hotel has anyway, so it's not as much of a deal as it seems -

http://hhonors.hilton.com/en/hhonors...ay/index.jhtml

Discounts vary by hotel brand. Unless otherwise stated by the particular hotel, participating Doubletree hotels are offering a 30% discount related to its Best Available BED AND BREAKFAST Rate. Participating Hilton hotels are offering a 25% discount related to its Best Available BED AND BREAKFAST Rate. Participating Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts and Hilton Garden Inn hotels are offering a 20% discount related to its Best Available BED AND BREAKFAST Rate. Participating Hampton, Hilton Grand Vacations and Homewood Suites hotels are offering a 20% discount related to its Best Available Rate.