FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need FT community help to review AutoSlash.com
Old Jun 9, 2010, 5:21 am
AutoSlash
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

We have plans for a tool that will help to address just this sort of scenario. It's funny that you mention this because someone who works with me just emailed me last night with the following:

"when you have a moment... that LA trip changed.

big challenge: pick up BUR Aug 3 around noon. Drop off LAX Aug 10 around 10 / 11pm.

i say it can't be done for under $600. i bet you say otherwise. i need intermediate at least, unfortunately. help!

cancelled that other (awesome) 2 weeker we found in downtown LA, just won't work now."

My response was as follows:

"Of course it can be done ye of little faith! OK, here's the plan...

Take a cab from Burbank airport to the Avis location at 2509 West Olive Ave in Burbank. It's 5 mi and should be about a $15 cab fare. You'll pick up an intermediate car there for $181 total not including a $25 coupon.

So total price with cab fare, rental, minus coupon should be about $170.

By my calculations, I just saved you $430."

This is clearly an example of where by getting a little creative, you can save some massive coin. My friend is far from a newbie at the travel game (he's actually the travel editor at a newspaper), but even he finds it difficult to sort through all the possible options.

It presents an obviously opportunity, and it's definitely on our list.

Originally Posted by WChou
It will also be nice to add the ability to show deals that may be near an airport. Perhaps add a "nearby locations" suggestion. Many people often remark how much price can vary just off an airport.

Last edited by AutoSlash; Jun 9, 2010 at 7:01 am