FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need FT community help to review AutoSlash.com
Old Jun 8, 2010, 5:37 pm
AutoSlash
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

We agree wholeheartedly with you about the double-columns issue. This is something we are definitely going to address in a future release. We need some back-end enhancements in order to address this issue.

Our graphic designer cringes every time she sees the booking UI. She's chomping at the bit to redesign the whole booking workflow, and we're all for letting her have at it.

Ideally we want to show the lowest price for each car class per company. If you see a compact car from Hertz for $40 and another listing for $60, there's not much point in showing the higher priced one since nobody will ever book that. It's just cluttering up the UI.

As soon as we can get the necessary plumbing in place we'll re-work the whole thing, and we'll have some more flexibility as well, but it's going to take some time.

As I mentioned previously, the blog is next because we have some great content we want to get online. We also have some cool tools coming. I'll give you a little teaser on our Rental Office Finder tool which is in the works. You can check out a mock-up here.

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
I find the double listing of rental companies confusing -- apparently one is "discounted" and the other is not, but in my case (Lihue, Kauai, Dec 2 - 9) it managed to push Hertz off the front page. I think even if you're going to list companies in the order of price, each conpany should get one listing in rising price order followed by other higher priced listings from companies which already had a first listing.