FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need FT community help to review AutoSlash.com
Old Jun 8, 2010, 1:57 pm
AutoSlash
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Thanks dstan. Stuff like this is super helpful since it gives us something specific to work with.

So first of all, let me state that based on the parameters of your rental, even with discount codes, National is still one of the most expensive companies. We tend to focus on the companies that are likely to yield the lowest rate.

Now I understand that many FT'ers are loyal to a specific company for one reason or another, so there may be a reason to choose a higher priced company over a lower priced one.

What we'll try to do here is that if you select a specific company from the company dropdown, we'll try to apply the best code we can find for that specific company. I think that should help.

Now on the price discrepancy issue, I unfortunately do not have a great answer there. We are sending our bookings through Sabre. The rates that are returned through Sabre match the rental companies directly better than 90% of the time, but there are definitely instances where there is a discrepancy (sometimes significant). This is one of those cases.

Now keep in mind that the issue cuts both ways. There are also many times where the rental company website is showing a higher price than Sabre or one of the other GDS's, so in those cases we come out ahead.

Welcome to the wacky world of rental car pricing...

Originally Posted by dstan
First, thanks for setting this up, guys - very exciting!

Second, here's a datapoint for you to work on:

SFO
National
6/23/10 11:00p - 6/29/10 3:00p
Fullsize

1) Default search gives me $503.36, which is the no-code rack rate.
2) Adding National contract 3715444 (Car & Driver) and coupon NF2853JDU (Entertainement 5-day free day) gives me $397.83, which is the Car & Driver rate, but without the coupon applied.
3) Entering both directly into Nationalcar.com gives me $336.53

Also, it is possible to enter multiple contracts and coupons for one rental car company? If I try to add another option line on the search page with another National contract/coupon, I get: "Discounts cannot be applied to the same company more than once."