FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anyone ever booked with "Luxury for Less" (FLYL4L.COM) before?
Old Jun 2, 2010, 3:27 am
alexoster

Programs: HH Diamond, AA LifeTime Plat, DL Plat, Amex Centurion, Hertz Plaitnum
I checked them (Luxury 4 Less flyl4l.com) out too a while ago and upon pointing out my concerns recieved this reposnse:

------
Dear xxx,
I wish I could have the perfect answer you want to hear but will rather be direct and to the point without beating round the bush.

As explained in detail on the FAQ page of our website (www.flyl4l.com/faq), we are not a regular travel agency but what is known as 'mileage brokers'. We resell bulk frequent flyer miles as deeply discounted first and business class air tickets.

We are what you would call the grey market of the luxury travel industry. No airline likes when their seat in a premium cabin is sold for 50% off the published retail fare yet we only do so much as booking a seat with rightfully earned miles in the official award inventory.

As mentioned, we usually do not issue any e-tickets before receiving payment but will for your peace of mind - as a first time client of ours - do this the other way round. We will issue the tickets and send you confirmation and e-ticket numbers. You can then check directly with the airlines and indeed confirm the ticket validity.

We have been in this line for over 12 years and have built a successful client base - mainly corporate - for whom we arrange and are responsible of their travel accounts.

Offhand I can give you names of 2 companies and their CEO’s based here in New York with whom we have been dealing for a while:

xxx
CEO: xxx

xxx
CEO: xxx

Contact details for these companies are on their websites for which I enclosed links.

Again this 'is' a grey area and its like you buying a Rolex for a deeply discounted price, not because the Rolex is a fake but because it is indented to be sold in Japan only. It is therefore very much up to you if this is your thing.
-----

Since this email I have used them for many trips and never has any issues.