FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Refund Policy
Thread: Refund Policy
View Single Post
Old May 27, 2010, 1:47 pm
yeunganson

Programs: Starwood:Lifetime Platinum, Air Canada:Basic, Asiana:Lifetime Diamond Plus, ANA: Basic
Originally Posted by Endesu

First of all, the chance of anything actually happening here are slim to none.
You never know, but both countries have everything to loose from actual armed conflict, so expect tons of heavy rhetoric and little else.
If not, a lot of people are severely screwed....
I think North Korea's Kim Jong Il is crazy. You never know what crazy people would do. I never expected them to detonate a nuke or sink a ship with Thorpedos for no reason.

If indeed the area goes out of control, you paid by credit card, and you haven't taken the trip yet, you're credit card company will remove the charge since the carrier is unable to provide the service promised (ie flying you to Korea). I will also put faith that Asiana will provide you a refund during those war times.

If you're in Korea and the thing goes out of control, the ticket refund should be the last thing you worry about. You should evacuate to Japan and take the first flight back to North America or take a boat ride to Taiwan or China- Japan is within missle range of North Korea. The airport, and Seoul is within fire range of North Korea's artillary. If you made it out alive, your credit card will give you a refund since the carrier is also unable to provide service promised.