FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Regus free with Plat level [merged]
View Single Post
Old May 26, 2010, 1:07 pm
MDtR-Chicago
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
I'm using this right now...

Found myself with an hour to burn before a lunch in the SF Bay Area - seemed like a good time to give this a try.

When you sign up, the instructions say to print out the e-mail confirmation with your membership number until a card arrives in the mail in a few weeks. I showed the e-mail to the receptionist and that was all I needed.

The "business lounge" is a small office next to the kitchen room. It has four heavily padded leather chairs, three small tables, and one wheeled laptop table. If anyone else were here, this would be a little awkward. The room feels too private to be a lounge. But since I am the only one, this is ideal. There is also a counter along one of the walls of the kitchen area with stools which would be less private but noisier. Free coffee is an individual cup brewing machine, self-service. Fast free Internet (wifi or cabled).

So far there seems to be no catch. They offer many add-on services for an extra charge, like private offices, document preparation, catered lunch, etc. These were mentioned to me but not pushed. Honestly, based on this visit, I would consider buying those things in the future, if I needed them. This location has plenty of parking and a nice looking board room. If I needed to rent such a thing in a remote location, I would be comfortable with clients seeing it.

According to the nice lady at the front desk, the membership is valid for any worldwide Regus-operated location - each one has an area similar to the room I'm in. (I would think this means airport lounges are NOT included, since the relationship is paid use of the meeting rooms there, not general access.)

Since I seem to be the first one trying this, post or PM with any questions and I'll try to answer.