FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - London / Bangkok / Ko Samui / Tokyo / Hong Kong
Old May 25, 2010, 2:26 pm
Euan

Getting to Asia to back

We decided that we’d try to get Club World (CW – Business Class) flights from London to Bangkok/Singapore and back and then plan our route from there. Using BA’s very online tool I quickly established there were no CW seats available during September or October which unfortunately meant we’d have to travel First class instead… the hardship!

There was also very limited availability but I eventually managed to find two seats in First to Bangkok flying on Wednesday 30 September and returning on Wednesday 14 October for 120,000 miles and approx £780 in taxes. Given the strain on the BA website it took quite a time to make the booking but I eventually got there and got it all booked online.

As we were travelling in First we were entitled to choose our seats following booking. All seats were available with the exception of 1A and 1K (Golds only, the other half is Silver) and that we had been allocated 4E and 4F both directions. Having flown First only a month before we moved ourselves to 2A and 2K in both directions.

So that was us, we had flights booked to take us to Asia and bring us home - now the fun of planning where to go whilst we were there!