FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread
Old May 11, 2010, 10:54 am
lokijuh

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by aster
I'4. Citi Platinum Visa/MasterCard

Mileage accrual: 1 mile for every $0.50 spent (every $5 gives 5 Citi Dollars which equal 10 miles) at supermarkets (Carrefour . Cold Storage . Giant . Market Place . NTUC Fair Price . Shop N Save . Singapore Meidi-Ya) and department stores (Tangs . Isetan . John Little . Marks & Spencer . Metro . OG . Robinsons . BHG . Takashimaya Department Store).

1 mile for every $2.50 spent elsewhere.

Requirements: min. income $30,000 ($60,000 for foreigners).
Cost: First year free, then $150 for main and $80 for supplementary. Annual fee waiver if you charge $15,000 or more per year, BUT applicable to main card only.
Miles conversion fee: $25 per conversion.

Pros: Great for shopping at supermarkets and department stores.
Cons: Great ONLY for shopping at supermarkets and department stores. Points might be allocated on every $5 spent, rounded down to next $5 (someone please confirm).
Variation on this is the Citibank Clear Platinum, instead of getting 1 mile for every $0.50 spend at supermarkets etc, you that earn at nightspots, cinemas, cafes, books & music stores and selected retail outlets. Plus you earn 1 mile for every $0.50 if you have ezi-link on direct debit, which therefore means you can earn that rate at cold storage/marketplace/giant supermarkets by tapping your ezilink card as well.

Big downside is lack of transparency around definition of nightspots and cafes (spend a night with colleagues at oosh bar, I put on my cc and came through at the paltry rate of 1 mile for $2.50, had I known that would have used my Premier Miles card)