FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anyone ever booked with "Luxury for Less" (FLYL4L.COM) before?
Old May 10, 2010, 5:55 pm
adamj023
Suspended

Originally Posted by alex4travel
For discounted Business class tickets to Asia, i would suggest you to check Exploretrip or cheaoair, who are like specialized for international travel. You may make a search online to see the fares or call-up their customer care and ask for quote. I am sure calling up their customer care will give you more bargaining power.

Alex
In multiple threads on here the same questions are asked in different ways and this pertains to my other thread on consolidators.

Cheapoair.com has no rating on file with the BBB however has oodles of complaints filed.

BBB processed a total of 350 complaint(s) about this business in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period. Of the total 350 complaint(s) closed in the last 36 months, 105 were closed in the last 12 months.

These complaints concerned:
20 regarding Advertising Issues
66 regarding Billing or Collection Issues
11 regarding Contract Disputes
1 regarding Customer Service Issues
18 regarding Customer Services Issues
10 regarding Delivery Issues
2 regarding Guarantee Or Warranty Issues
10 regarding Product Issues
142 regarding Refund Or Exchange Issues
37 regarding Selling Practices
33 regarding Service Issues

These complaints were closed as:
119 Administratively Closed
6 No Response
224 Resolved
1 Unpursuable

This is not what I would consider acceptable. Check all consolidators out with the BBB website before you purchase. If the record is acceptable and the price and conditions are right then don't hesitate to buy. But never go blindly by asking questions on the internet without doing your own research.

The website and the firm you mention has no record on file with the BBB and as such I would not recommend using the company. The name does not check out and neither does the website.

There is another firm with the same name and a different location listed which has an F rating and is a Used car dealership.

There is no known travel agencies on file with the BBB with this name.

All other legitimate travel agencies and firms I know of are on file with the BBB.

So to answer the question: It seems to me that this website is nothing more than a bunch of scam artists and I would not give out any information whatsoever to these people or this firm. Legitimate firms can be checked as to who the business owner is and other assorted information. Websites get quick hits by firms such as Dun and Bradstreet and other assorted firms which check out the authenticity and credibility of the firm.

All the places I know of to check out businesses show the business of this website you mentioned does not exist in any legitimate credible form. Manta.com, bbb.org show nothing for this firm therefore I recommend strongly against any contact with them.

With the Internet it is quick and easy to check out agents and their credibility and as to who is legitimate and who is not and to screen them all quickly.

The problem I have is that getting the cheaper consolidator fares is time consuming since there are loads of agents and finding a good one combined by one which will know and work with all the consolidators.

I wish there was one website for all this information but it seems to be highly segmented as of now.

I too am looking for cheaper airfare and came across your posting so I thought to check it out but it didn't check out at all.

Last edited by adamj023; May 10, 2010 at 6:23 pm