FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 6 Trains on 6 Continents ~ Connected by 44 Flights on 14 Airlines ~ PART 1
Old May 9, 2010, 10:52 pm
aw

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles, CM ConnectMiles, AA Advantage
It's always a delight to read one of your comprehensive and eloquently written reports. A trademark of a good writer is the ability to engage the reader thoroughly and you have done this successfully through every single one of your reports.

I agree with you about your assessment of AA's new generation seats. If you are "trapped" in a window seat and your neighbor is fully extended in the sleeping position, good luck trying to go to the lavs. Even when the seat is slightly reclined, if the table is fully deployed and joined with the tray table in front, it is still a challenge to get out, unless you have the flexibility of a Cirque du Soleil performer.

The burger on AS Y is one of the best buy onboard meals that I have tried. It's not very healthy but sure it is tasty.

I have been fortunate to try AF's J class on several occasions in the past and in my humble opinion it is a decent product. Not the best but not the worst either. The FA's are not very soliciting so after the meal service they tend to disappear. They set out drinks and snacks in the galley so that you can help yourself. One time I passed by the galley in the back and I saw two flight attendants dining "properly" on a fold out table and chairs. If you are a fan of foei gras as I am you can always count on it being featured as one of the appetizers (unless that has changed recently). For a French carrier meal quality could be better. Sometimes they are hit or miss but generally they are always decent out of CDG.

KL service tends to be a bit more proactive than AF, although it is also hit or miss. One feature that I love is the "a la carte" breakfast from a menu that you turn to the FA after the dinner service on the US-AMS flights. In addition, KL offers Deft houses as a gift to J class passengers, a touch that was part of its F service.

I have a question for you if I may - given the choice to fly F between BA or CX, which one would you choose from a catering standpoint?