FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase retention bonus or fee waiver reports [Archive]
Old May 7, 2010, 12:54 pm
ken7

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by libuser
dude its plain as a day.
Don't ask for the bonus.
Say like: I want to close the account because I was not sure how the program worked. I wanted to go to Asia and the way I understand is, when I talked to British Airways, is that I have to spend 15 000 more $ to get to my free ticket, and its just too much for me...

They will say well lets make that goal closer. And given me the miles. It worked every single time with me. Thats why they call it retentions. They calls are recorded, and if their sups catch them offering bonuses just for asking they are out....
I'm on track for the $30k this CY, any guesses on whether I'll be offered a retention bonus if I call to cancel? For what it's worth, I agree with libuser, I think you've got to just try to cancel and see if they offer anything.

I'm not very good with rejection, I've learned. I once cancelled a card that I wanted to keep, just out of spite because I wasn't offered a retention bonus. When I hung up I was doubly pissed