FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Emirates new routes (and changes) for 2010
Old May 4, 2010, 2:09 pm
Emirates777

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold, BA Executive Club Gold, AA Advantage Gold, VS Flying Club Silver
Originally Posted by N830MH
Emirates777,

Do you have any source from EK will next announced new cities in USA? I kept hearing a rumors from EK will be deployed on A380 service from DXB-LAX but, it will have a simple problems due to weight restrictions over TATL flight. Don't be sure EK will get second daily service from DXB-LAX to take on overnight flight from DXB-CDG-LAX but, it will get fifth freedom traffic rights through CDG.

I know A380 will have enough range can be reachable into LAX without penalties. I think A380 will have to get fuel stop in CDG. It will get refuel the plane and continuation the flight to LAX. I think it should have to take the advantage of EK will next A380 service from DXB. It won't have any common problems from EK to get fifth freedom traffic rights.
No additional destinations are planned in the 2010/11 operating plan. However the 2011/12 operating plan has some very interesting developments planned for the Americas with a few new destinations (in both North and South America) and increased frequencies to existing routes.

Regarding LAX -- the next step will be a double-daily with B777-200LR. The LAX flight is the longest on the network, and the route enjoys extremely strong cargo as well as pax demand. Deploying a B77W is not going to happen as it would require an unrealistic penalty on both cargo and pax fronts. Also an A380 is unlikely medium term due to the weight penalty required. There are no plans to route LAX via CDG.

Rgds
Emirates777