FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chicago Seminar DO October 16th and 17th 2010
Old May 2, 2010, 7:02 pm
ingy
formerly known as Frugal Travel Guy

Programs: UA Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum
After Hours Events and the Local Connection

A Special Request Please by Ingy

We need to find 2, maybe 3 projectors that are capable of projecting from a laptop powerpoint presentation onto a 10' screen. Renting these projectors is hugely expensive and any local help will be greatly appreciated. Drop me a PM if you have a source that can loan us 2 or 3.

Thanks

Sweet Willie Quote

Hello Flyertalkers,

My name’s Sweet Willie (Willie) and I’m the Social Director for this upcoming Do. I’m excited that many of you have decided to attend this Do, the stellar line up of presenters is on par with the great city of Chicago.

I actually live less than 5 miles away from the host hotel, have been living in the immediate area for nearly 20 years and Chicagoland my whole life.

I’ve been active with Flyertalk for quite awhile now, in terms of posting actively but also with the Community aspect of Flyertalk. Both attending some Do’s and hosting some Do’s as well, here are a couple of recent ones hosted: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...pril-17-a.html & http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...-2010-7pm.html

It would appear the prime ‘open’ time for the Chicago Seminar Do would be Friday night October 15th. Obviously size of the group wishing to attend something dictates if the activity is possible (or not possible).

So with that in mind, please send me a PM with your name, and answers to the following questions, please answer all (cut & paste the questions perhaps) and answer honestly as I will keep folks individual choices confidential.

1) Would you like to go to dinner on Friday night?
2) Would you like to have an activity planned for Friday night after dinner (say Comedy Club or live Music)?
3) If you are interested in Friday night or activity, would you like to stay local to the Holiday Inn (7-8 minutes away) or would you rather go downtown? (realize that with traffic it might take 1+ hours to get downtown)
4) Are you interested in a late night activity on Saturday night after the reception at the host hotel for hotel guests?
5) Would you like to go out to dinner near O’hare on Sunday evening after the seminar is over?

Copy & paste the 5 questions into a PM, answer the questions and send it to me so I can get a handle on who is up for what activities besides those already planned.

Once we have some feedback on what folks are interested in doing, I’ll then post some suggestions and we can narrow down from there.

In the meantime if there is a question about anything local, please feel free to PM me.

Willie

Last edited by ingy; May 22, 2010 at 8:16 pm