FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Another LAN Catch-22
View Single Post
Old May 2, 2010, 2:22 am
andreadbc
Ambassador, LATAM

Programs: LATAM, Lifemiles
Originally Posted by bingocallerb22
LIM-TPP (Tarapoto) then (Chiclayo) CIX-LIM. The agent was clear that this does qualify for the 14000km sale (I guess he could be wrong), but only if I booked it online LanPass, of which he agreed I cannot do there yet. Catch-22.
Booked the cheap fare $70 ai (yeah, yeah, I know).
Getting there with that $250 ai JFK-LIM-JFK fare, upgraded to Business with km sale, and YYZ-JFK $79 (x2) sale so not to feel sorry for me.
well, the terms and conditions say "no open-jaw" but the listed terms and conditions sometimes don't match what's programmed into the system.

The ticket should've been 18,000 with Classic availability so the 27,000 seems strange... it doesn't match any combination of Classic - Plus - Full kms (9.000/14.000/20.000). Maybe the availability was for a Full Segment (20000) + a promotional Classic (7000)...

Just noticed that the terms say that the promotional awards can be redeemed at an office, so maybe the 27,000 was just due to one of the segments being Full and the promotion still applied for the other segment?

Edited to add: OK, I'm pretty sure that's what happened, the 27,000 kms were for a Full segment and a discounted Classic, the agent you talked to was wrong, the promotion isn't web only. About changing the address bar to create open-jaws. I searched for a multi-city LIM-TPP and CIX-LIM paid ticket and then modified the address and got the open-jaw award to show up... you have to replace the "compra" in http://www.lan.com/cgi-bin/compra/paso2.cgi?XXXX with "cobro_premio" and the desired award showed up

Last edited by andreadbc; May 2, 2010 at 2:34 am