FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - StarmegaDO 2010 (SMD2) Nov 1-6, 2010 Masterthread
Old Apr 29, 2010, 8:19 am
SkiAdcock
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by bk3day
First let me express my thanks to all in front & behind the scenes for again taking on the insane endeavor ^

Now, for the first stupid question of this thread....

If we opt for the 1way LX option ex-JFK, is there an "official" return option (and associated price) to get us back to IAH?

Thank you from a FTer who is confused as she has barely woken up and has not yet had her required brain starter coffee fix.

p.s on a different tangent...I'm kinda bummed the LH fare isn't upgradeable, as I think it would be a hoot to watch all the FTers with their paper SWUs fighting it out at the gate
* My 'guess' is that the LX pricing includes the return on LH440 w/ the rest of the group, regardless if you took LH or LX over. That's just a guess, but that's how I've interpreted it. Of course I haven't had any tea yet this morning, so I'm not awake yet either - after a late night out for drinkies w/ some Germans who were in town.

Originally Posted by cova
Great start.

1. If the charter ends in PAE, hopefully CO will offer a oneway fare back to IAH. (But hopefully CO provides one of the charter aircraft).

2. Charter is requirement for participation as indicated, including FRA party. But I assume, if you are on the charter, buying TATL tickets through group fares is not required for FRA party participation, since starting points can be FRA, IAH, PHX. (ie you fly the CO flight from FRA-IAH).

Why not make the CO flight (CO47) an option (like the LX option). CO47 is also LH7601. With the quiet 7pm reception at IAH - should work for those who arrive later on the CO flight and want more time in FRA in the morning and want to experience CO flight.
1. I'm sure they'll post as soon as everything is sorted, and then you'll know like the rest of us

2. I think that's right. Didn't others make their way to FRA via alternate, as well as the official party flight?

3. Maybe cuz pricing worked better w/ LH? If you're doing your own booking, presumably you can show up if the party's still going if you went CO. Guess the question I'd have is why fly a separate airline on both segments when there probably won't be any/many FTers just to attend the party in FRA? Part of the overall exerience is to be surrounded by your fellow wacky FTers

tommy, oliver, reb & seth - thanks again for taking this on. i'm sure it will be fab!

Cheers.