FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upgrade to Surpass Honors AmEx: Earn 50,000+ bonus points
Old Apr 26, 2010, 7:05 am
bk3day

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Upgrade to Surpass Honors AmEx: Earn 50,000+ bonus points

Ok I've have a few questions recent points posted to my account and before I contact HH, I was hoping you experts can clue me in as to I should have received according to the T&Cs and what I've actually received.

In January, 2009 I signed up for the regular HH AMEX and earned 55K HH points (50K in purchase promos & 5K for 1 extra cardholder & 1 paid stay) with the promo listed at the end of this post.

This month, I upgraded to the Surpass card and so far have received:
  • The full 40K 1st purchase bonus
  • Nothing for 1st stay (fwiw, it was an award stay-with no incidentals charged)
  • 2,500 points for 2nd stay (fwiw, HH Activity states this was my 1st stay -it was an award stay-with no incidentals charged)

So, my questions are:

1. Did I receive the 2500 points stay award in error (as it was an award stay?)

OR

2. Should I have received an additional 2500 points for the actual first award stay?

3. Was it HH's error to have given me the full 40K purchase bonus as I was an existing cardholder who had received a similar first purchase bonus at initial sign up?

My reading of the Surpass T&Cs led me to believe any new 1st purchase bonus would be net of earlier bonus received.

I would hate to contact HH asking about a possible missing 2,500 stay bonus and have them realize they gave me an extra (and larger) 1st purchase bonus in error.

So, did I luck out or does HH actually owe an additional 2,500 points?

TIA

Highlights of the 2009 regular card promo include:

* Earn 20,000 HHonors bonus points with your first purchase

* Earn 2,500 points for each of your first four stays at a Hilton hotel

* Earn 30,000 HHonors bonus points when you spend $1,500 in your first 3 months of Cardmembership

* Earn 2,500 Hilton HHonors bonus points when you add an Additional Cardmember to your account
and other extraneous possible points

Finally, apologies to Mods as I wasn't sure which of the many existing HH AMEX threads my question belongs