FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Plat/Plat Prem: Post, Compare and Optimize MegaBonus Offers
Old Apr 14, 2010, 6:57 am
judolphin

Programs: DL GM, WN AL/CP, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Plat/Plat Prem: Post, Compare and Optimize MegaBonus Offers

Please post new MegaBonus Offers as you receive them!

Check the chart below, and see if one of the offers below works better for you than the offer Marriott made to you.

If you find an improvement, call the Platinum desk and ask nicely, before the end of the promo, for the one that best fits you.

The script is very simple: "Hello, I'd like to please change my MegaBonus offer to x points for y nights." Please make sure you're quoting a real offer

Please note that YMMV. If an agent tells you "no", try to speak with another agent. Please make sure to be civil about it. This is not an official Marriott policy; it is something that Marriott reps tend to do to help out Plats & Golds.

Also, whenever you get a new promo, please reply to the thread with the full terms of your offer copied and pasted into your reply.

The only Megabonus-type promotion I am aware of for Spring 2012 is the "MegaMiles Promotion", an airline miles promotion:

Marriott RewardsŪ MegaMiles has soared to new heights, giving you the opportunity to earn 2,000 bonus miles with every stay, beginning with your second stay, up to a total of 50,000 bonus miles during the promotion. You'll also earn your usual base miles with any one of the participating airlines with every stay.
See Details
Here's how:

* Register or join Marriott Rewards and be automatically registered
* Stay between January 1 and April 30, 2012 at any of over 3,500 participating hotels in 70 countries, across 13 distinctive brands
* Earn 2,000 bonus miles with every stay, beginning with your 2nd stay, up to a total of 50,000 bonus miles during the promotion period. For kilometers conversion, view terms and conditions.
Thanks to everyone for their help!

Last edited by judolphin; Dec 6, 2011 at 12:43 pm Reason: Added Spring 2012 Miles Promotion