FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Reassigning affinity points/miles after death
Old Apr 9, 2010, 8:31 am
mooper

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by GUWonder
AA: deceased's account number + password and make booking online or over the phone using your own charge card

BA: deceased's account number + pin and make booking online or over the phone using your own charge card

BD: deceased's account number + password and make booking online or over the phone using your own charge card

DL: deceased's account number + pin and make booking online or telephone over the phone using your own charge card

UA: deceased's account number + password and make booking online or telephone over the phone using your own charge card

Hilton: deceased's account access details and make booking in name of intended guest online and/or over phone

Hyatt: deceased's account access details and make booking in name of intended guest online and/or over phone

ICHG: deceased's account access details and make booking in name of intended guest online and/or over phone

Starwood: deceased's account access details and make booking in name of intended guest online and/or over phone

In all cases, facilitated if changing an address first.

I've created a master list of accounts/account access info so that the dear to me can use the miles/points I've acquired as deemed appropriate for the circumstances applicable in the event of the inevitable.
Three thoughts:

1) Wow! Very nice list. Frightening level of planning, but still very nice.
2) I wonder how it would go over if asked, "how much did you pay for this flight" and you responded, "my dead grandmother used her miles for me".
3) Knowing your love for Delta, wouldn't you consider your intended donation of DL miles more like torturing a relative from the grave rather than being kind to them?