FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Singapore for first time / for a few days, NOT just a stopover
Old Mar 29, 2010, 3:56 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by fiona
We have been to Singapore quite a few times- mainly for 2 or 3 days at a time. We do love it- but its very expensive so we wouldn't look at it as a main destination.
EXPENSIVE!

Not certain how you find it so. I stay at the IC and use their special rates (learn from the ICHG forum) and get upgrades etc. I also get a rebate via Quidco. I use weekend certs as a Royal Ambassador - you get these also if you buy Ambassador membership. My last two 3 night stays had a base cost that was cheap. I had 2 weekend certs and I earned enough points for nearly 2 more nights stay. So having then taken the quidco rebate offl it was three nights for the price of one and we had a great suite for the price of a room. Lounge access gave us breakfast and some wine before we went out in the evenings. It was very very cheap and very very good!

Taxis are the cheapest anywhere - not even worth bothering about public transport. Our best meals all seemed to be around £2 or £3 ..... although I admit we order several meals ...... I must admit I don't like the price of beer and wine though. Sydney for example is very expensive both accomodation and food.

Which element of your travel budget in Singapore is expensive? Let's see if we can help!