FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GRU RCC has the worst club facilities on the planet
Old Mar 25, 2010, 10:33 am
qfrodo

Programs: UA 1K, Million Miler, *G, JJ, AD, Global Entry, CLEAR, H.O.G. Life Member
ginsena, since your post was merged into this thread, read prior posts if you have not already done so. Also note this comment by putongo, "Though the RCC in GRU may seem in need of an update, the service is SO much more friendly than the IAD RCC. The smiles alone are worth staying. So, it could be worse -- you could be at the IAD RCC".

Infrastructure wise the building that the RCC is in is owned and maintained by Infraero. UA could not do much rehabilitation until Infraero fixed the leaks. From what I was told on a recent trip, the leaks have been fixed, so we will see how rapidly any refurbishment occurs. They are also working on adding free WiFi. But remember, this is Brazil and things sometimes happen in fits and starts, but eventually it gets done. The addition of TAM to *A in May is likely to provide motivation to get something done.

They also recently changed caterers (I think I mentioned that elsewhere), and while it may seem like a "24-hr truck stop" in terms of facility infrastructure, the food offerings, booze, and service generally are better that what one finds in US based RCCs.