FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ANC Spring 2010 MVPG Breakfast & Lunch March 24
Old Mar 24, 2010, 11:24 am
beckoa
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Might need to do some fine-tuned editing a bit later on... but here's the Q&A session in raw formatting:

Q&A
Q: Can’t hear announcement over PA from cockpit.

A: Two independent systems- a couple different microphones on the flight deck. If its inaudible we need to know right away so we can get it in the logbook. FA's help out with this.

Q: Bringing pets to Hawaii- might be a way of doing this without quarantine now
A: We'll look into this

Ewallet- forced to use a travel agency. Had a change and got a $60 credit- but its company $.

Q:Any traction to get partners to price as OW’s?
AWe can’t talk with other partners too much about pricing models.
Awards- working on allowing miles to be redeemed OW. -could be a possible solution to getting OW travel.

Q: Reality check on DL… doesn’t quite work the way it is described. They don’t adjust the zone, had zone 4, and the DL agent does not have a clue.
A: Asking our customers- agents should be up to speed. A year from now we will not tolerate this not working. Every month since we’ve had so much fallout- seating issues, boarding priority, etc. Ticketing Troubleshooting team- SABRE & Travelport – been having monthly meetings with AS & DL groups…

Elite can use breezeway only once your zone is called. Zone 1 is F, and Zone 2 or 3 should have boarding…

Q: My miles posted and were taken away - why?
A: My Trips- get a feed from SABRE and partners. Partners may not be every day- but AS is every day. There was a glitch that sent a file that posted three times. And then was reversed.
Surprised mileage does not post instantly unlike when you use miles… where they are pulled away instantly.
“I don’t see any instance why when I use a ticket, and it took two weeks for the ticket shows up”

Should take 24 hours at most… (consensus was it takes longer from MVPG group)

Q: Can I combine miles from DL and AS?
A: No- but you can use DL miles for AS Saver awards.

Q: Flying to MSP… seems DL is moving activity away from MSP to DL flights… and MSP is a more dependable airport too (got a laugh comparing MSP to ORD) - could not book on delta.com flight thru MSP without using multi-city, otherwise connected in SLC (trying to get to MSN)
A: Looked at ANC-MSP… not on the top of the pile... DL won’t abandon MSP… if DL reduced capacity- AS can backfill…

Q: BR open later (perennial question)
A: Tried extending hours several summers ago… it kind of turned into a bar- alcohol bill went into roof but membership did not increase… will consider again.

Also, BR is working on implementing a card swipe system to help log who is using when.

Q: Noise Caneceling Headphones & Kindle- why can't we use below 10,000 feet?
A: FAA- the Kindle can transmit data too...

Q: TSA- second screening standing at the gate- fortunate enough to be re-screened at the gate – have only seen in ANC… (another MVPG saw in ATL)- “kind of make you feel like a shoplifter”
A: TSA is doing increased screening – random selection of both pax and employees - anecdotal stories... ANC tries to do announcements advising pax of this if TSA is at the gate...

Q: Too many bags- oversized baggage carry-on - charge for carry on? (general frustration with pax with too big of bags)
A: AS has been stationing more agents at TSA checkpoints to watch carry-on baggage. And if an MVPG wants, they can gate check (with yellow tag that gets dropped in jetway, vs. at the carousel like most pax)

Q: LAX-CUN route cancellation causing issues- for rebooking.
A: There is a group that works the flight cancellations –
LAX-CUN is discontinued service June 6 on… recommendation process we are negotiating some other carriers to rebook pax. Did not do a great job announcing this.

Have to call up for a schedule change of 2 minutes, 5 minutes- need to call in.
The broad thinking is we want to make sure we find the right option for the pax.

Q: Airport control- pain in the butt… when you get a window it opens up.
Once airport takes control the flight- it locks reservations out. Have to drive to airport to get a seat.
A: Solution- OLCI typically although some seats are blocked out…

Last edited by beckoa; Mar 24, 2010 at 5:51 pm Reason: Added formatting & increased clarity of thoughts