FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Priority Club Elite experiences (Archive Thread 2010)
Old Mar 22, 2010, 6:43 am
nicolas75
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Crowne Plaza Copenhagen Towers

What is your Priority Club status?
Platinum Royal Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

Booked an executive room on advance rate, and received the same (corner room on 21st floor)
(By the way, the price I have paid was higher than the price offered on Internet the same day).

How are the rooms?
Medium size
Horrible paint/glue smells when entering the room (you cannot open windows at this hotel). I switched on the air conditioning to renew the air
Uninspired design (typical 90s Hyatt/Hilton room design): I would have expected a more innovative (Denmark is one of the most cutting edge design countries) and warm/natural for an eco friendly hotel (wood floor rather than carpet, natural colour leather rather red sofa). I am not a big fan either of the grey colour of the bed and red Alcantara cushions.
Bathroom with bathtub and separate shower
Fancy eco friendly amenities in the bathroom
Large flat TV with massive selection of international channels
Kettle with tea/coffee set
View over …the highway/train
No Ipod/Iphone dock
Free wifi

How is the exec. lounge?
Large
Very nicely decorated (one part with tables and 3 nice Apple computers and one printer, one separated part with elegant leather sofas, drinks, food).
Very good breakfast with good selection of products
Good evening food (one hot meal + canapés)

What was good and what was bad?

Good:
- Very smiling and friendly staff
- Brand new hotel, with elegant/innovative lobby
- Very good club lounge (but not quite sure it is worth the price in comparison with standard rates, especially if you are on your own)
- Free wifi
- Free airport shuttle (five minutes drive)
- Free bicycles

Bad:
- Location: very close to the airport, the CP is more an airport hotel. The hotel is located in a new district (read: in the middle of nowhere). This new district has interesting contemporary buildings, but there is no urban life at all. You have the feeling to be in a wet Dubai more than in a real city. Metro station is 100 metres from the hotel, with fast and easy access to city centre.
- The hotel today heavily lacks atmosphere: mostly empty, it could be a contemporary Shining experience. Fortunately, the friendly staff makes it a bit warmer.
- No upgrade policy, whatever your status or the prices you paid.
- Uninspired rooms.
- Very small fitness centre – No pool
- No ability to have a last tea or check your emails after checking out

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Yes, for the staff, and if you do not mind staying in a remote location.
The no upgrade policy should put this hotel on my black list.

There is a potential for this property, but some work should be done to make it more living.

The eco friendly concept could be extended, for example by:
- adding some plants in the lobby and in the rooms (nearly not a single one in the whole hotel)
- having a 100% bio menu at restaurant