FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transferring Diners Club [Canada] points to Aeroplan
Old Mar 21, 2010, 5:48 pm
sophia1

Cool transferring DC points to Aeroplan

Thanks Mia and thebobmc for your handy replies - I will look into both suggestions. I fly out of YYC - Calgary Alberta. Alaska Airlines does fly out of here as do BA. I'm just trying to get rid of the DC points - don't use my DC card anymore but don'twant to close it out with those miles just sitting there when I am in need of them with either the Airmiles program or with Aeroplan.
I know that I can top up to the miles needed with DC but at 20,000 I don't have the required 50% of a ticket - ticket for a flight to Europe is 65,000, and then if you have only ½ the needed miles and top up with cash you are actually paying one heck of a lot for a ticket. I think it's a real shame that 1) you have to earn so great an amount of points to fly and 2) it takes so long to try and earn points. I think their program is well suited to business people that are flying contantly but the average old joe it takes forever to get there.