FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Pensacola Beach {US-FL}
View Single Post
Old Mar 19, 2010, 5:58 pm
TopDawg4OU

Location: Oklahoma City, OK - NWA Gold - AA Gold - Hilton Diamond - Marriott Gold
Programs: NW, CO, WN, HH
The beach offers pairs of recliner chairs with either a hoodie or an umbrella at $5/hr or something like $20-$25 a day. In April, you will be able to bill the chair rental to your room.

On another note, the water in the shower seems to take at least 2 or 3 minutes to heat up. Not sure why. On the 4th floor in the towers, my laptop is weakly able to pick up the wireless signal from the lobby. It's not reliable, but it's good for some quick reference.

As far as touristy joints to eat around here, there's Hemingway's (variety, seafood), PegLeg Pete's (Oysters), Crabs (sorta like a club, right on the beach), and a bunch of places on the north side of the island situated like a boardwalk.

The hotel food is hotel food....with the exception of their sushi bar. It's quite decent (depending on your standards, obviously).

My wife and I were talking to a mom today, who was a little taken aback by the fact that this place, nor this area, is flooded with scheduled acitivities. Do know that they do have 2 pools and there's that club-ish place down the beach, but this place isn't for your average spring breaker (maybe that's why we liked it so much). Like the AP said, the beaches are just serene. The white sand and the low wave activity make for a very peaceful afternoon.

There is a building next door that's being erected, so you may be hearing some sounds coming from that direction during the day. We only heard it once during our 5-day stint.

If I could gripe, though; the restaurant/bar out near the pool was habitually slow. We had to flag someone down to take our order each time, but I get the feeling that was what they believed to be the routine. It didn't upset us as we were enjoying the time to just sit and relax, but since then, we've just hollered at someone and they were very helpful and expedient in serving. Great people.

Finally, this entire week, the staff has been so friendly. It's very cool to see so many laid-back personalities and friendly employees.