FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Checking-out the same day you check-in
View Single Post
Old Mar 16, 2010, 5:31 am
Keyser
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by flyinbob
Just call the hotel the next day and check out by phone. Otherwise you may lose points, since I don't think you get points for day rates.
day rates qualify for points & stay credit....

Originally Posted by cordelli
There's no need to even bother checking out, just make sure they have you set up for express checkout when you register. Just leave the keys on the desk or whatever and off you go.

I would not assume any points or stay credit if they check you out on the same day you checked in, so I would not do it that way, just go when you need to go, they will figure it out without any problem.
since you don't physically need to be at the desk to checkout, this may be a good option....but once again, day rates would get you the points & credit....

Originally Posted by danger
I have a 'day use' room at the Conrad Centennial in Singapore later this year to use in between flights. It's booked as a 'day use' room from 12pm to 6pm. Am I likely to get a night credit for this? The rate is a hefty SGD180 with the full rate being about SGD260.
you will definitely get the points & stay credit....i do this 7-8 times a year when i am travelling to dubai....i often have day trips & my flight in & out makes it very easy for me to finish my business & get some rest at the hotel....

my flight gets in really early in the morning so i go directly to the hotel & check-in....i leave for my arbitration around 10 in the morning & am usually done by 5-6 pm....then i come back to the hotel to relax for a few hours before heading back to the airport for my 2am flight....

i have never had a problem with these stays....