FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Europa's baggage allowance and website
Old Mar 14, 2010, 11:49 pm
renhelm

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM or DM for 24 years, SkyClub: Lifetime, Delta Million Miler
Air Europa's baggage allowance and website

I booked a flight from Barcelona to London (BCN-LGW) on Air Europa.

I have tried to book on Air Europa's website and found it very user unfriendly. So I tried travelocity, but the flight I klicked on was never available after inputing CC numbers; so I tried another website.

I finally booked the flight on some travel website and they took a few days before they actually ticketed; strangly my CC was charged more than the original price and I forced the agency to refund the difference. Anyway after all that I contacted the airline about my baggage allowance for me as a DL PM or a SkyTeam Elite Plus member.

Air Europa wrote back and told me to ask Delta about my baggage allowance. So I contacted Delta and they didn't know. Then I figured I write to Air France (Air Europas' Flying Blue sponsor) and they wanted to know my ticket number. After giving them my ticket specifics they told me I get to take 20 pounds more than normal which gives me a total of 70 pounds. Than Air Europa wrote back to my second inquiry and told me I can only take 23kg for free like everyone else.

Now I am asking this forum about Air Europa and their useless website and about a clear direction on baggage allowance that I can take to that check-in agent or I call it the bag-nazi

Tickets were more than twice the price of Easyjet and more than BA but they fit my schedule and airports and they are in SkyTeam. Air Europa sure seems like a 3rd world airline so far.

What experiences do FT members have with Air Europa and does anyone have details on their lagguage allowance. thanks