FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Most Reliable Restaurant Review Sites
View Single Post
Old Mar 6, 2010, 3:43 pm
cblaisd
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
If someone posts about how the nachos are great, steer clear

If someone first posts about how huge the portion was and the food was 'good', steer clear

If someone in another thread posts about how great domino's, pizza hut, subway, Olive Garden, etc is, steer clear
Sometimes you want nachos. Sometimes you want just plain ol' Tex-Mex nachos, instead of foo-foo pretentious nachos with goat cheese, arigula, and lemon oil. In fact, I can declaim on the differences in traditional nachos at a dozen different places, and appreciate learning of new ones. So, reviewers, if you're reading, please keep the nacho reviews coming. And while I occasionally like pretentious food, I also sometimes like decent, full-size-portioned food -- even from the occasional chain! Horrors! -- that others find enjoyable to to look down on with noses upraised as they contemplate how much more righteous their tiny plate of foofoo food is.

As to the original question, I usually use a combination of Yelp and TripAdvisor via their mobile apps.