FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - WARNING - Hertz charging for car wash
View Single Post
Old Mar 5, 2010, 4:32 am
CaptainMiles

Programs: UA 1K, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Marriott Gold, HH Silver
Here is what I wrote to Hertz in Portugal
Dear Sirs,

I am writing to complain about a charge for cleaning a vehicle I returned to your LISBON AIRPORT location. This is RA # 999999999.

The vehicle was returned to Hertz in substantially the same condition of cleanliness that it was received in, after having been used for only one day in normal city driving and parked overnight in a garage. I do not agree with the cleaning charge, and hereby demand an immediate credit of €7,20 (€6.00+VAT) to my MasterCard.

I will also be forwarding this complaint to Hertz in Oklahoma City, and on my next trip to Portugal I will make sure to write in your "Livro de Reclamações" about this abominable practice.

Sincerely,

C. Miles
Hertz #1 Club Gold # 99999999

and to Hertz in the U.S.
I was appalled to find that Hertz charged me 6 euros + VAT (total 7.20 euros) for cleaning the vehicle upon return. The vehicle was returned in normal conditions, after normal use for one day in city driving conditions and overnight garage parking. I returned it quite clean, even cleaner than many vehicles I have received. This is a totally irresponsible charge, and has eroded much of my confidence in Hertz as a reputable company. I recommend that your sternly reprimand Hertz management in Portugal for this abominable practice the tarnishes the image of Hertz as a premier car rental company.