FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Extra Legroom Seats for Sale – Eff. Mar. 17, 2010
Old Mar 3, 2010, 8:53 am
UA Insider
Company Representative, United Airlines

Originally Posted by colpuck
When will people be able to purchase the seats? I am curious if this will impact the availability of the exit-row seats before T-24.
Hi colpuck, for now our extra legroom seats will be available for sale via check-in, not in advance of this. This includes online and kiosk check-in, as well as with an airport representative. There will be no change to the availability to exit row seats in the advance period, for those eligible to pre-assingn those seats (i.e. Platinum and Gold Elite members).

Originally Posted by sbm12
At least 7 extra inches of legroom? How is this being measured? More to the point, does it involve cutting the pitch in the rest of the plane to 30" or removing seats to make it work? The current exit rows on the 737s do not offer anywhere close to that amount of extra pitch.
To clarify, sbm12, we will only be selling the seats that offer at least 7 additional inches of pitch. Yes, on some of our 737's, we have exit row seats that offer no additional pitch (e.g. 12BCDE, 14BCDE on our 737-500/700 aircraft), and those will not be considered extra legroom seats. As for our other 737s (i.e. the 737-800/900), these exit row seats all have about 10 additional inches of pitch.