FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mumbai CSIA [BOM] connection/departure experience reports
Old Mar 1, 2010, 3:56 pm
aniruddh77

Programs: 9W Plat, Flying Blue Elite, HHonors Gold, Accor Le Club Plat
Originally Posted by propofol
I was recently at the Mumbai Domestic terminal (Jet Airways, so maybe 1B) and there was a very long line to get on the transfer bus. I instead got pre-paid taxi (easy, no risk of getting scammed) and went to the ITC Maratha hotel for a couple of drinks (Rs 140) and then got a car to the International Terminal (Rs 150). However, I could have just got the taxi all of the way to the International Terminal without the pitstop. My impression is that this is a lot faster than the free bus... And not very expensive. Just an alternative.
Well, the taxi alternative is useful to have, but takes a lot of time if used during the daytime. As for the risk of getting (or not) scammed, it can happen even at the pre-paid system - read here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india...vengeance.html.

But you're right, it can take time, given that over 40-50% of all incoming international traffic at BOM is transfer...