FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My 1,000th post celebration - a RTW Aeroplan Points trip in First Class
Old Mar 1, 2010, 10:50 am
Shareholder
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Never knew you needed an excuse to do one of these, but cross 1K is worth taking it to the limit!

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Just being curious, would you have been allowed to go via Europe on the outbound and the inbound flight or would this have been an invalid routing?
It is permissible to both go and come back via Europe (the Atlantic) as I did last month. You are limited to one stop-over in each direction, plus the point of turnaround. In my case it was routed: YYZ-LGA/JFK-FRA-BKK s/o BKK-PVG (destination) PVG-ZRH s/o ZRH-MUC-JFK. All long hauls in F on LH, TG and LX.

The key to this reward as a Round-the-World versus the official R-t-W award is the latter can have up to 6 stop-overs, whereas this variant is limited to two plus the official "destination". However, with this variant you can cross both oceans or return over the same ocean you came over over.