FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Targeted: Citi AAdvantage 1.2-1.5 miles per $ until May 31, 2010
Old Feb 23, 2010, 5:08 pm
hillrider
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Targeted: Citi AAdvantage 1.2-1.5 miles per $ until May 31, 2010

I received via mail a piece of junk-mail-like that when opened revealed a promo on my existing account: 1.5 miles per $ until 31may10. Requires calling a toll-free number with the 10-digit offer number printed on the invitation (and one must listen to the T&C in order to activate the offer).

I was probably selected because I was abroad for a while and as a result my spend went literally to zero (as I use the excellent 1.25% cash-back Capital One card with its zero foreign purchase fee). Message to Citi (again): drop the odious foreign purchase fee and you won't need to spend on promotions and will get $30k+/year more in spend from me to boot!

Incidentally, the marketing guys at Citi will pat them in the back for a sucessful promo, since as I'm currently in the US my spend on that card has skyrocketed which will lead to a big march bill--no doubt, according to their analysis for senior management, due to their promotion! [sarcasm]

Pay particular attention to your mail and don't throw things away just because they look like junk!