FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta RTW award ticket
View Single Post
Old Feb 22, 2010, 8:45 pm
jjglaze77

Programs: AA Plat, DL FO/1MM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by tomas.t
Great experience booking and flying RTW on Skyteam. I called DL RTW Elite desk 3 weeks prior to intended departure date, and secured a 6 week RTW trip: 280,000 pts., BusinessClass. Received every destination requested; only changed/opted for NRT on last leg instead of SYD as return to LAX from Oz would've entailed going SYD-ICN-LAX so decided that was too much, opted to visit Japan instead and return NRT-LAX. The DL agent was professional, knowledgeable, and constructed my itinerary in 24hrs. Other than NBO, all layovers were less than 3hrs. Below are legs:

LAX-SLC-ATL-SCL DL
Interesting that the hardest businessclass seat on my entire itinerary to secure was LAX-ATL nonstop; completely unavailable, so had to go via SLC to start out
EZE-CDG-BCN AF
AF 777-300ER in L'espace affaires EZE-CDG was a great leg!
BCN-CDG-ATH AF
CAI-KRT-NBO-BOM KQ
NBO was longest layover: 12hrs. Didn't mind as I had never seen NBO so booked a day room at HH Downtown, relaxed, ate a proper meal, and strolled about.
BOM-ICN-PVG KE
BOM-ICN KE A330 disappointing. Prestige Class seats barely reclined. Tough redeye. Ouch.
PVG-NRT DL
still NW A330 metal
NRT-LAX DL
first flight on DL 747!
No hassles, nor delays; everything was seamless. A super trip!

Great trip! I would agree on the KE A330. I am just so tired of KE's old product. IMHO, it's inexcusable that they still operate such a shoddy J product on so many routes! I know it's expensive to upgrade the fleet, but the customer ill-will should be taken into consideration. You know it's taking too long when you haven't implemented your new product on your entire fleet and you begin introducing a new, new product!

May I ask why you didn't book until 3 weeks before? Every one of these trips I've done has taken 6-9 months of planning