FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Updated Account at a Glance- Now includes Total Membership Nights
Old Feb 19, 2010, 6:28 am
aaupgrade

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by adammarcw
I only got to control which hotel I got to stay in about two years ago, or I would have more.
Well I control where I stay, of course I also personally pay for my stays. My guess is you were referring to work having control over where you stay, either that or you got a new spouse/SO that now lets you choose.

Originally Posted by adammarcw
Also there has been a few vacation spots i have looked in counties marriott doesn't do biz or have any partners. Most of Scandinavia and Iceland come to mind
New hotel in Stockholm: http://news.marriott.com/2010/02/cou...andinavia.html

FWIW, I stay where I like and where I can get the best rate. I like FS Marriotts, Westins, SPG Luxury Collection, and St. Regis. The occasional Hyatt isn't bad, but they usually aren't where I am going. I stay at Hilton when I can't find one of those previously mentioned, in Cairns for example. That Hilton, like most I have stay at, is ho hum.

Starting about 4-6 months ago I started checking the competition in addition to the Marriott properties at the locations I plan to frequent in the coming 12 months. So far Marriott FS has had the best rates compared to the other listed above, with minor exceptions (LAX Westin was a better deal than the MR or RN when I booked, now they are on par for my June dates).