FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First Trip to India
View Single Post
Old Feb 18, 2010, 8:17 am
Kagehitokiri
FlyerTalk Evangelist

re taj mahal, it isnt going anywhere is it?
Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
I would also be very careful about flying to Agra as it is one of the most cancelled Kingfisher flights I know - so much so that I have never managed to do it - cancelled every time.

Take the early morning Shathabi Express from Delhi if you must go to Agra
sigh @ transportation. oberoi aviation starts at ~$1K/hr, but 2 hr min, and positioning charge. they and taj/deccan/etc all seem set up for daytrips or keeping the plane with you for whole trip. not point to point. huh, this mentions $1K per person per sector for greaves? > http://www.strategicvision.org/ne/La...al-5-26-09.doc

vuittonsofstyle, have you explored VIP airport services in india?
Originally Posted by jkirk
Out to the domestic airport early the next morning for a scheduled 9:30 Kingfisher flight to Jaipur. Turned out to be the beginning of a long run of foggy weather in the area and DEL was all but shut down. Ended up spending 9 hours in the airport before our flight finally departed - it was getting dark when we finally landed in JAI. Had called ahead to Aman-i-Khas at around noon to see if we should reconsider travel plans but they urged against making the drive to the property and said trains were busted out. Aman-i-Khas was waiting for us upon landing - feel bad that he had spent the day there - and we did the 3:45 drive to Aman-i-Khas in darkness. We didn't know enough to be as nervous as we rightfully should have been about sharing those small roads with the truck traffic at night.

Arrived at Aman-i-Khas at around 9:30pm.
in a situation like that, are there any options?

Originally Posted by Groombridge
I booked the Aman India Journey through David O and Peirce & Leslie and got a rate that is at least $1000 less expensive than the published rate for the Aman India Journey.
(plus virtuoso benefits)
Originally Posted by Ericka
IMPERIAL – Delhi (Virtuoso), 1 night
AMAN-I-KHAS – Ranthambhore Park (Camp & Oasis, Virtuoso), 5 nights
AMANBAGH – Alwar Region (Camp & Oasis, Virtuoso), 5 nights
OBEROI AMARVILAS – Agra (Virtuoso), 2 nights
Originally Posted by jkirk
[aman-i-khas]-Advertised virtuoso amenitiy of a champagne brunch lakeside was not possible as there seems to be some sort of dispute over the lake with a neighboring property. G offered, and we accepted instead, a camel ride to the top of a nearby hill (covered in ruins) where we enjoyed a bottle of Roderer as the sun set. Fantastic. Guests are still free to walk down to the lake however - afternoons it's possible to spot one of the two crocs in residence.

-Aman graciously agreed to combine virtuoso amenities with their "camp and oasis" package so in addition to the virtuoso amenity described above we had one of our safari outings comped as well as comped massages.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Feb 18, 2010 at 8:52 am