FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What do you put on your luggage tags?
View Single Post
Old Feb 14, 2010, 4:04 pm
Cloudship

Programs: Independent
What do you put on your luggage tags?

I am sure there is a thread on this somewhere, but I have not yet found it. What information do you put on your luggage tags?

I read about all sorts of theories on this. One theory is that you just put your name, and a cell number, so that people dont know your home address. I guess thieves must have some kind of ring where they sit in an airport and look at luggage tags, and then call whichever thief lives in that other city to go ransack the house. Not that, mind you, there isn't usually someone home even when I am away.

for that matter though, anyone can look up an address. once they know your name, and a general idea of where you live, it's pretty easy. With me if you can get the part of the state I am in I am the only one to be found with my first and last name anyway.

And what do you put for a phone number? Again there is the argument they can look up your address, but they can do that without the phone number, too. And giving them the cdell numbe ronly gives them additional info and then starts getting my cell number out there for anyone to call.

When did life get so complicated that just figuring out what to put on a luggage tag is such a consideration?