FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tracking NF [New First]
View Single Post
Old Feb 11, 2010, 3:23 am
David_Doyle

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
I might be the voice of dissent here and come across all miserable but I can't really see the value of tracking NF just yet, certainly not until 3-4 aircraft have been refitted, and here's why:

- I might be wrong, but I suspect that it's going to be 4-6 weeks at least before we see another aircraft refitted, seeing as no-one has said that an aircraft is going in to be refitted now, and I guess BA will want to iron out any kinks with the one aircraft before rolling out across the fleet. That aircraft could be going to any destination on the BA network, and not even BA know where that aircraft is going to be in a months time.

- It's near impossible to accurately predict which aircraft will fly a particular route on a particular day.

- The thread will just get filled up early on with lots of speculation and repeated "Will NF be on my flight in 1/2/3/4/5/6 weeks/months/years time" - "I'll be annoyed if it's not on my flight" etc etc.

The first aircraft with NGCW did runs to HKG, LAX, NRT, JNB, JFK within 2 weeks of being introduced, but there was no way to predict accurately which of the many flights to those destinations it was actually on.

I'd advise reading the first few pages of the Club World Guide thread to see what I mean - it's now 103 pages and that started straight after the first aircraft was refitted. Take a look at that thread and count how many "Will NGCW be on my flight?" questions there are.

When the rollout is slightly further along I can see value, but early on you might as well have a crystal ball. If anyone is able to accurately predict this aircrafts movements can you let me know the lottery numbers for Saturday please?