FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BWI Airport to Quantico by train
View Single Post
Old Feb 5, 2010, 1:04 pm
Dianne47

Programs: DL, UA, WN, Amtrak, Hyatt, Accor
Thanks for the information and suggestions. My husband is a retired (26 years service) Marine and double war vet (Vietnam and Gulf I). The info. about the volunteers for military people is especially helpful and I'll follow up on that.

If someone could just walk with him and help with pulling his wheeled suitcase, that would be excellent. He's getting more mobile and I can see it's going to be hard to convince him to take his own wheelchair on this trip. As long as the walks aren't too far, he should be able to navigate - slowly. Independence and being able to do something like this are very important to him.

I volunteered to take his suitcase in the car, but he says that won't be necessary. He hasn't thought that one quite through, as it would save lots of waiting time on both ends (checked luggage). It's 7 weeks until the trip, so plenty of time for planning.

We have traveled several times since he's been sick, including a Philadelphia trip for the Army-Navy game. But this is his first trip alone. Old Marine that he is, he hates asking for help to get around.

Thanks for your posts.