FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gogo Inflight Internet Discounts and Promotions
Old Feb 2, 2010, 5:09 pm
pushback

Location: SFO, SJC, OAK, LVK AA Lifetime Plat 2MM, LUV A-List, Hyatt Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, Commercial Pilot (not employed by airlines)
Originally Posted by genotonda
It seems GoGo's scheme has worked perfectly. Spoil us with free access/promo codes for months, and then stop, leaving us begging for more codes. What are we to do?? Purchase access?? That would be so un-FT'er.

I finally had a flight w/ GoGo last Friday (first one in a long time), only to find myself with no promo codes. I felt abandoned and helpless. I simply could not talk myself into dropping the $9.95.
Seems that if you did not drop the $10 their evil plan did not work so well after all. I too flew a pair of transcons last week. If I had free gogo codes I would not have spent so much time enjoying my book ("Outliers"). Great book. I am not going to make Internet access a necessity for myself while in the air. My employer may, someday--but not me!

Sorry GoGo. Maybe if we all hold out they will have to spring some new codes on us.