FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DFW Airport Food
View Single Post
Old Jan 30, 2010, 5:57 pm
IADDCA
Used to be 'IAD22066'

Programs: UA 1K AA
DFW Airport Food

Can someone remind the concessions people that DFW is in Texas? One of my favorite airports is Austin (TX), where most of the airport restaurants are local.

Having grown up in Texas and now living on the east coast, I make a few coast-to-coast flights with stopovers in Dallas. You think this would be a good time to get a fix of some of the stuff you can't get anywhere else. Some stuff I'm looking for:

BBQ - Dallas isn't Austin. But someone in Dallas probably knows how to make beef brisket. How about letting them on the airport?

Mexican Food - Again... dump the chain

Chili - Maybe some good chili. I'll settle for bad chili. I'll even settle for a walk-up version of Sonic.

Blue Bell - They might sell Haagen Daazs (which actually characterizes Dallas' personality well), but can we have a fix since we're within range on Brenham?

Coke and Dr. Pepper - DFW is one of the few places that I'll go to McDonalds because they are the only concessions that won't get strong-armed. It appears that all of the other concessions exclusively serve Pepsi (can't remember if they also serve Dr. Pepper).

Big Red - Again, I really could use a fix