FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Feb 1 - One-Way Awards and Miles & Money Awards now bookable on ual.com
Old Jan 30, 2010, 4:09 pm
United PR
Company Representative - United Airlines

Programs: United Public Relations
One-Way Awards and Miles & Money Awards Available Monday

I see word is out that we will be offering One-Way awards on February 1. I wanted to give you a little more information about this, as well as inform you of the other things we have been up to lately.

During the past six months, we have made it easier for you to use your miles by eliminating last minute award booking fees. We were the first to eliminate this fee and continue to be the only program that has done so. We have given you more choices on how to use your miles by introducing an industry-leading Hotel and Car Awards program.

Now we are giving you more flexibility when using your miles with our new One-Way Awards and Miles & Money Awards, which we expect to complete testing tonight.

With Mileage Plus’ One-Way Awards, you can travel one-way for half the miles of a roundtrip award (starting at 12,500 miles for a domestic Saver award) on United or United Express. Miles & Money Awards enable you to book a roundtrip flight, hotel stay or car rental for fewer miles by making up the difference in cash. More information about these new awards will be available on Monday at www.mileageplus.com.

Our work continues. Initially, One-Way Awards and Miles & Money Awards will only be available online. You will be able to call Reservations to book these awards later this year. The ability to mix and match award levels – Saver or Standard Awards – for a roundtrip award ticket will be available in the summer. I realize that you can mix and match awards now (or shall I say starting on Monday) by creating multiple PNRs. That will change and you will be able to do this on one PNR in the near future. Other new products continue to be developed and will transform Mileage Plus into the most rewarding loyalty program for you.

As you can see, we’ve been hard at work, coming up with more ways for you to use your miles. As always, I look forward to reading your feedback on this thread and stay tuned as there is more to come.

Sincerely,
Robert Sahadevan
Vice President – Mileage Plus