FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mikey's Mom posts on PV
View Single Post
Old Jan 16, 2010, 7:12 pm
chollie
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
I'm honestly stunned that Mikey's mother's post made it past the delete-o-meter. I wonder if Blogdad Bob, Gale, and Nappy will launch another personal attack on the mother like they did to the mother at the checkpoint a few months ago?
I'm not surprised. I think it reflects that fact that sadly, the majority of people either believe the 'safety at all costs and TSA means safety' line (ie, "if it doesn't inconvenience me and/or I don't see it, it must not be there") or they just have resigned themselves to the situation. TSA knows this. They know that no matter what happens, they are above accountability. On the rare occasions someone of 'note' has tried to take them on (congress person, Anne Coulter (!), Gloria Allred (!)), there's been some kind of backroom conversation and the congress person or media figure has immediately backed down.

I think Bob sees the blog as a dialogue with a tiny dismayed fraction of the population, at best. There's no serious attempt to be truthful or to seriously engage. It really doesn't matter what hits the airwaves, because in the end, the fuss dies down and nothing changes for the better.