FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does Emirates cover tips for Chauffer Drive?
Old Jan 13, 2010, 10:26 pm
Gorilaz

Programs: EK Gold, , FB Gold, Jet Platinum, ICH Royal Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Sheraton Platinum
Originally Posted by dearbee
it says it's included but who knows if the money ultimately passes to the driver. this is exactly like dubai restaurants' service charge not being passed onto its service staff.

i always, always manage to give the driver a tip.. nothing excessive, but something. i guarantee he/she will appreciate it.
Same here always leave a tip but especially if i have a good driver. In a previous thread people have asked if you tip the driver should you tip the pilot? The pilot is well paid and for sure in Dubai & India the drivers are not.
Slightly off topic on the subject of service charges in Dubai. The government has ruled that only restaurants attached to hotels can add a service charge to bills. Had dinner at the Walk last night and got hit with the normal service charge. Asked for it be taken off but when i got the credit card receipt to sign it was still there.