FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Will never understand CC companies…Denied…?
Old Jan 8, 2010, 8:20 am
AEsco48

Will never understand CC companies…Denied…?

Will never understand CC companies…Denied…?

Got approved for the Delta Plat AMEX… and I have very little credit history with AMEX. Got denied (Too few satisfactory credit reference were recorded on your credit bureau report.) for the Citi Plat AAvantage Master Card, and I have had a CitiBank Visa for 5 years, over avg $40k per year and never NOT paid in full or late.

So it makes more sense… I am 25 years old.

5 Years ago when I went to take out my 1st credit card under my own name CitiBank Plat Dividend they said sure, here you go $8k credit line and I had no history with them. At the same time AMEX on the other hand who I have/had a green Amex under my parents account for 3 years and probably put $15k per year said… we won’t give you the Blue Cash card… but here is a Blue College card with no rewards…. So I never used it and like a year ago they closed it for me.

I got the Delta card which is the one I really wanted so I can get Medallion status this year…. But I want the AAdvantage b\c I already have 40k miles from actual flying and I want to work towards the Million Miles and when I fly with either of my parents they fly AA due to Gold status…

Should I call CitiCard and tell them I am basically going to stop using my $50k per year CashBack card I have with them and want the AAdvantage? Or should I wait a month or two, charge a bunch on my new Delta Plat Amex and then just reapply?

Thanks