FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Battery not charging on Acer Aspire One 6 cell
Old Jan 7, 2010, 2:47 pm
theresam

This Worked!

Originally Posted by ZX1100F1
Just a little more information on the Acer Aspire One Battery not charging issue:

BIOS revision 3309 (and later) has a fix for battery charging particularly the 6-cell batteries, however if you have the latest BIOS and your battery still isn't charging a good solution is to power down the computer, remove the battery and unplug the AC power cable then push and hold the power button for a whole 2 minutes (nothing will happen, we're trying to completely drain all residual voltage from the mainboard to reset it), then release the power button, install the battery and power up the computer, it should now recognize the battery and begin a normal charge cycle.

I have read other posts that claim to hold the power button in for 1 minute which I tried and it did not work, you must hold it in for the whole 2 minutes.
I thought I would have to return this notebook when the battery stopped taking a charge... and wouldn't run on power either... but this remedy really worked. I followed exactly what you said... but, when powering up again, I had to hold the on button for several seconds. Just pressing it the first time didn't work.
Thank you! That was an easy fix!