FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Harrah's Diamond in a Day (DIAD)
View Single Post
Old Jan 6, 2010, 2:52 pm
huge

Programs: AAdvantage Plat+, FoundersCard, Amex Plat, TR Diamond, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Dia, HH Gold, Hertz 5*
Harrah's Diamond in a Day (DIAD)

I'm considering going to Vegas or Laughlin and spending a day playing video poker to get Harrah's Diamond VIP status.

Where's the best place to find answers about DIAD? I would mostly be doing it to get cheaper room rates at Harrah's properties during the World Series of Poker this year, plus Diamond Lounge access and access to the Diamond registration lines at the WSOP. Some questions I have:

Is Laughlin still the best place to do DIAD because of the better-payout machines they have there? (And if so, how much better are they than the best options in Vegas?)

If I do DIAD in Laughlin, will I mostly get offers for deals in Laughlin, or will I get Vegas offers as well?

Am I wrong to think that doing DIAD will in fact get me better room rates? I will be staying in Vegas for 5-6 weeks during the WSOP, and would prefer to stay at the Rio, but the rates I'm seeing now on my TR account for the Rio are pretty bad ($70/nt weekdays $200 weekends). I've heard others posting that they got $40/$120 with their TR cards.

If there's another forum where they discuss this in depth, let me know. I've found some good info on twoplustwo.com (primarily a poker website) but haven't found the info I need.

thanks,
-huge